Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Dentallergy

After a lot of mundane thinking, I realized that heaven must be a place where you don't have to go to dentist! In fact Ogden Nash wrote in his mad rhyme –
Some tortures are physical,
some tortures are mental
But one that is both is dental.

Some six years back I had gone through a tortuous root canal, and then had a crown fitted on that mandibular molar. Last week, I had that damaged crown removed and today I had a new one fitted. And so I reflexively remembered that promise which says, "To him who overcomes I will give him a crown that will last forever."

I wish I could have something like that here itself (Not for my head but for my teeth). But then wishes are wishes. And heaven is heaven. And it is time to sediment to ground realities. So I remembered that sombre warning that says, “Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown” (Rev 3: 11). Now that, is really important. I am not talking about teeth but about life itself – making sure no one snatches what we inherit in Christ.

No comments: