Friday, December 14, 2012

In The Long Run

       We live a warp-speed world, where even the Operating System of your computer does not last more than two years because a newer, a glitzier, a faster (maybe more buggier) one is out on a prowl. The future inhabits us, we are its slaves. Under such an ambient envelop  can we really think of anything in the long run... on things that really matter, to help us live larger than life and walk by faith?
       Just convalescing out of a viral fever, and not wanting to do anything taxing, I was exploring the paraphernalia in my house and discovered an old manuscript compiled by the Rev. Homer Morgan on the Wesleyan Service Guild. On the last page I found this poem that helped me realign all my doubts. I do not know who wrote it, but it gave clarity in vision. So here it is for your spiritual benefit:
In the long run all love is paid by love,
Though undervalued by the hosts of earth;
The great eternal government above
Keeps strict account and will redeem its worth.
Give thy love freely; do not count the cost;
So beautiful a thing was never lost
In the long run.

No comments: