Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Seventh Seal

We never, ever, have come to that point when have become astoundingly mute. We've never been shocked by unbelievable transcendence. We have never understood the silence in heaven (Rev 8: 1), nor have comprehended the climax of absolute desolation and abject agony in Job's words when he finally says,
"I was talking about things
I knew nothing about,
things far too wonderful for me.
I had only heard about you before,
but now I have seen you with my own eyes.
I take back everything I said,
and I sit in dust and ashes
to show my repentance.”
Job 42: 3 - 5
Somehow that face to face meeting wiped away any need for answers to his raging questions. Somehow just seeing his redeemer was the answer itself. Somehow being mute was enough. Hope someday,... that intimacy will be mine too, to taste!

2 comments:

Santanu said...

May that intimacy be mine too O pastor.

Grace said...

Very True Pastor Noel!