Thursday, September 17, 2009

On USS CV-11 Intrepid

Today morning Jayant Pichamuthu came from Connecticut to meet me at New Rochelle. I had known him from the time he was 14 or 15. Now he works for an Advertising Company. It was good to meet him after many years. And then Brian Float travelled all the way from Baltimore (a four hour journey), and we met at noon time near Penn Station in Manhattan, talked shop over lunch at Benihana and spent the rest of the day sightseeing over USS CV-11 Intrepid an Essex class aircraft carrier. It was comissioned during the II World War and continued its service thru the Cold war, the Vietnam war and in being a recovery ship for the Mercury and Gemini space missions. Now it is decommisioned and transformed into a museum for visitors.

My sister chaffuered us around. Above is a pic of Brian and my Sis on the deck of Intrepid. Some of u in Kolkata may have met Brian Float when came to Kolkata for the MentorLink program.

Below is a pic of Brian and me in front of the Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon, a multirole jet fighter aircraft and behind it is the Lockheed A-12, a stealth reconnaissance aircraft  and forerunner of the SR-71. The lowermost pic is a me and my sis in the Torpedo Launch Room of a submarine.

No comments: